Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ala `Ike Task 2 Deliverable Part II


Debrief Activity Questions:

  • Having completed this review of a web 2.0 tool would you use this tool in your classroom?
    • After completing my ScreenR about typewith.me, I definitely plan to use this tool in my classroom. It gives me proof that my students are collaborating together to complete a common goal. Not only am I able to see a final product, but I am also able to see how much each student contributed to the document. It gives me a reassuring feeling that in a group, not only one student did the whole project, but there was an equal amount of work done by each student which will help me in the end determine a participation grade for the group and group members. 
  • Prior to this activity, how did you typically select website or tools to use?
    • Prior to this activity, I actually never have used online websites or tools. If I was to research tools or websites, I would actually go and Google a certain criteria that I am looking for. I never knew that there were websites that were dedicated to online websites and tools to use for student learning
  • Do you have any ideas, comments or feedback on improving the web 2.0 tool selection process?
    • When selecting a web 2.0 tool, I would only suggest that as teachers we should check out the program first before introducing them to students. One problem I ran into with the typewith.me, was that it was not an updated version. After I did my ScreenR, I found that there is a better site that operates just like Typewith.me. It allows users to communicate on a faster interface, as well as holds a history for the teacher to view. So in the process, teachers should try out the tool first and make sure it works properly before bringing it into the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment